Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to avoid changing parameters in mechanical by modifying geometry in design modeler?

• chandu28
      Subscriber
      Hello all,nI imported an assembly from external CAD geometry into design modeler and connect it into static structural analysis. I defined required boundary conditions and other parameters for the simulation. Then later when I modified one of the part in design modeler and connect back to mechanical, the parameters to other parts also changes such as material assignment, connections, boundary conditions etc. Is there any way to avoid changing those parameters which are not linked to the modified part in ansys mechanical?nI have came to know that changing shared topology in design modeler might help to avoid that. I have tried to change the shared topology method to automatic, imprints and none option, but still the problem does not get resolved.nAny help are deeply appreciated. Thanks!n
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      Make sure you launch DM the first time you import the CAD geometry. Then, from the project page, right click on Geometry cell and select properties. In the properties list, set compare parts on update to associatively. Then launch Mechanical application. This should be done the first time you import the modelnThen you can go back to DM and edit the geometry and refresh it in Mechanical. This should maintain the associativity for unmodified partsn
    • chandu28
      Subscriber
      Hello gnagapp,nthank you for your comment. It works exactly as I expected.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.