July 6, 2020 at 5:29 pmMTLCYSubscriber
I am working on a rock cutting simulation. What I care about are contact force and mass of rock debris. When I using FEM model, the contact force is much less than experimental results due to the failed element deleting. Therefore, I tried FEM-SPH method. The contact force is in good agreement with experimental results when I using FEM-SPH without mat add erosion, but no rock debris produced. However, when I using FEM-SPH with mat add erosion, the contact force is still less than experimental results due to the rock particles fly out.
Here are some details about my model,
Rock: SPH , Mohr-Coulomb model
Disc cutter: FEM, rigid
CONTROL CONTACT: enmass=1
Failure criterion: tension failure, set the value of MNPRES in *MAT_ADD_EROSION to minus tensile strength (got from static Brazilian splitting test).
Could you tell me how to get reasonable contact force when using MAT_ADD_EROSION in FEM-SPH model?
Thank you in advance.
August 12, 2020 at 11:41 pmMTLCYSubscriberUsing FORM=1n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.