February 8, 2021 at 11:54 amAakashsingh9896Subscriberhow to Calculate life of a design body by giving a different material out of the study material and how to find safety factor for the same materials? n
February 10, 2021 at 4:35 pmDaniel ShawAnsys EmployeeBy life, do you mean the fatigue life? If so, you can use the Mechanical Fatigue Tool to calculate the life and safety factor.. n
February 10, 2021 at 4:51 pmAakashsingh9896Subscriberactually I need to find life for given components from different materials which is not in the library so put all the static input but for find life , damage and factor of safety we need SN curves so is there any formal aur theory to find this out?n
February 17, 2021 at 8:27 pmDaniel ShawAnsys EmployeeIf you want to use SN to determine the fatigue life, you need S-N curves. If you do not have any fatigue test data, there are methods to estimate the S-N curve using material other material properties, but it is not precise. You can obtain S-N curves for many materials from commercial sources.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.