March 22, 2022 at 7:05 pmfdtdisgreatSubscriber
How do I calculate phi and theta from the results of gratingu1 and gratingu2? My guess would have been phi = arctan( u2/u1) and theta = arcsin( sqrt(u1^2 + u2^2) ), but for some of my results sqrt(u1^2 + u2^2) is greater than 1, so this cannot be true (where u1 and u2 are the results of gratingu1 and gratingu2 respectively for the same beam). I checked the online documentation of gratingu1 and gratingu2 and I couldn't see any information on this. Thank you in advance. (Note: I'm defining theta and phi as is conventionally done in spherical coordinates)March 29, 2022 at 10:11 pmTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
You are on the right track, and for more information on the coordinates I would refer to the following references.
This page should explicitly state the coordinate transformation
The following is a script command that should perform the transformation for you
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.