June 29, 2020 at 3:52 amthamaraiSubscriber
Iam doing a pressure lost analysis in a valve, In which I want to calculate pressure force acting in the piston region as shown in fig. I used Pressure inlet and pressure outlet boundary conditions. I tried the following methods but didn't worked
1.Post Processor---> Functional calculator
>Force. I got near to zero newton force.
2. Post Processor ---> Drawn a plan and through functional calculator, calculated avg pressure in the plan which didn't gave logical value ( I gave 6 bar at inlet pressure and 4.5 bar at the outlet while using this method I got pressure force more than 15 bar which is impossible )
3. Report ---> Area-weighted Average/Integral/Vertext Average.. All gave zero as the result.
Can you Kindly guide me to find the solution?
June 29, 2020 at 5:10 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
I assume you are using Fluent solver.
Can you please check if your solution is converged or not in Fluent?
Can you please check it in Fluent using Results --> Surface Integrals?
If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.
Guidelines on the Student Community
How to access ANSYS help links
June 29, 2020 at 11:28 pmthamaraiSubscriber
Thanks for your help. It is working..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.