June 23, 2020 at 4:48 amnekoSubscriber
Hi, I'm trying to simulate the reception characteristics of a slot antenna on a substrate using HFSS.
I created a 3D model of a slot antenna surrounded by a boundary box. Then I put a lumped port at the center of the slot, and assigned the top surface to wave port as an incident wave.
Now I want to calculate the power received by the lumped port under conjugate matching condition, but how can I obtain the received power?
I'm new to HFSS so I would appreciate any comments. Thank you in advance.
June 29, 2020 at 10:36 amrtkAnsys Employee
From your description about the scenario, it seems like giving a required input power as a 'System Power' through Excitation source settings and taking the S-parameters will help.
For more details please refer the help document .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.