March 13, 2021 at 1:06 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeI want to know how to calculate S-parameter.nI mean to say, I would like to find out whether S-parameter is calculated in Voltage[V] or Power[W].nI would like to appreciate it if you let me know as soon as possible.nThanks.n
March 13, 2021 at 1:06 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeThe S-parameter measures the ?transmission? and ?reflection? percentage, so it doesn?t come with a unit itself. The actually output unit depends on the input as well as the definition of the S-parameter. If the S-parameter defines the complex transmission, then the output could be complex transmission as well, the unit would be in ?amplitude? unit (like V). If the S-parameter defines the power transmission, then the output unit would be a power unit (like W).nYou may also find the following pages very helpful:nhttps://kb.lumerical.com/en/index.html?metamaterials_s_parameters.html 211nhttps://kb.lumerical.com/en/index.html?pic_passive_getting_started_ring_resonator_mode2.html 144n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.