August 19, 2023 at 10:26 amkrishnanunnira.20Subscriber
Is it possible to calculate the confinement factor of the mode using FDE solver. I need to calculate the total power confined within the waveguide, so that I can study the changes in the power confined while changing the rib width and height of the waveguide.
August 22, 2023 at 6:41 amNiki PapachristouAnsys Employee
Thank you for reaching out. You can get the fraction of power in a given region of the waveguide cross section using the Power and impendence integration feature in the modal analysis tab of the Eigensolver analysis window after you have solved the waveguide mode. For this feature please have a look here: FDE solver analysis - Modal Analysis Tab. You can create a spatial filter which has values 1 over the core and 0 outside of the core. Once you have the spatial filter you can multiply the E intensity by the filter then integrate the result over the filter to get the power in only the core region.
August 22, 2023 at 9:47 amkrishnanunnira.20Subscriber
Thank you. I think this will work
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.