June 10, 2023 at 7:36 amToshinori NinomiyaSubscriber
Hi.I want to analyze the ring modulator. I use the example that demonstrates the simulation of a ring modulator (https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042322794).I set some parameters and characterized separately using device-level simulations. In addition, I combined building blocks into a circuit in INTERCONNECT.Here, I have a question. I want to confirm how to calculate the gain in the ONA. In the step 5 of the simulation (https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042322794), we can get the transmission spectrum from gain. I use this step, and I can get results.Also, I use power meter in the through port and drop port in the ring. Then, I can get the output power as input light wavelength seep. From the results of the power meter, I calculate the transmission [dB].Here, there are big different between result from ONA(gain) and power meter(transmission).Therefore, I want to know How to calculate gain in the ONA.
July 5, 2023 at 6:35 pmGuanhui WangAnsys Employee
Hi Toshinori Ninomiya,
The gain measured in ONA is the power transmission gain, for example, if the power is decreased by 2 dB, the the gain is -2 dB. So it's different than the power transmission.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.