June 17, 2021 at 10:05 amJayanta_rakshitSubscriber
Is there any option to calculate the power of the transmitted light from photonic crystal based waveguide?June 18, 2021 at 1:20 pmGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
Thank you for posting your question on the forum. In FDTD, frequency domain monitors will store the fields as well as the transmission defined as the fraction of power transmitted through the monitor normalized to the source power:
So if you place a monitor orthogonal to the direction of propagation, you will be able to get the fraction of power transmitted.
June 20, 2021 at 11:41 pmInfiniteSubscriberThank you both Jayanta_rakshil and Greg_baethge.
I had a similar question but did not get resolution. May I please ask what is meant by 'place a monitor orthogonal to the direction of propagation'?
June 21, 2021 at 11:35 amGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
The transmission through a monitor is calculated using the component of the Poynting vector normal to its surface. So how the monitor is oriented, defines in which direction we calculate the power flow. For example, if you want to get the power flowing in the x direction, the monitor will have to be orthogonal to the x axis.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.