August 20, 2022 at 10:44 amxiaofei.xiao15Subscriber
in the above example, Photothermal heating in plasmonic nanostructure is calculated.
However, I want to calculate the transient heat flow. All configurations of the system are the same, but with a much larger size of the structure and PML in all directions.
How to set the model for this calculation?
can we do the optical simulation first to get the absorption profile and then use this as the heat source for a short time to switch on the heat source? then we can calculate the heat flow.
the main difficulty is I am not sure how to set the heat source. Can the absorption profile be used for the initial heat source?
August 22, 2022 at 10:59 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The modeling and simulation methodology are the same as the online example. You will need to do FDTD simulation first, and then import the absorbed power into HEAT.
For transient HEAT simulation, you just choose the "transient" instead of "Steady state". Please refert the examples:
Please try and let me know if you have questions.
August 23, 2022 at 12:50 pmxiaofei.xiao15Subscriber
thanks very much. does this means that the absorption profile would be the light source at the beginning? those parts of the material will absorb the energy immediately and then disperse to other places?
August 23, 2022 at 3:15 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The example does not investigate the transient optical absorption, but a steady-state result. Light is absorbed in the device and then the absorption can be imported into HEAT as usual. Please try a small device to make sure the simulation methodology works for you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency