June 25, 2021 at 11:07 amCallumAllenSubscriber
I am performing a bulge test on a rectangular thin film (8mm x 32mm x 0.13mm) I need to capture the radius of curvature in the width (8mm) direction.
I tried splitting the geometry into two having two rectangles measuring 8mm x 16mm and then bonding them together. This runs however I am unsure how to get the coordinates of the curve
Bulge profile:June 25, 2021 at 10:17 pmHesamKSubscriberHi there are two ways in my view: first you could write a macro command that is the difficult one, and the other that is much easier is to export deformation results for a cross section like the image you posted, then calculating the curvature of the points in matlab. you may find the code by a simple web browsing.
June 25, 2021 at 10:28 pmCallumAllenSubscriber
June 25, 2021 at 10:28 pmCallumAllenSubscriberHow would I got about attaining the data for the section view, I understand I can simply add in a section view but as for data I am unsure.
June 26, 2021 at 11:46 pmHesamKSubscriberHello, extracting the results need a macro code in ansys that is beyond the scope of our chat. sorry, if you need help in writing macro i can help. thank you.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.