February 6, 2022 at 12:58 pmMd_SalemSubscriber
I used to do harmonic analysis to free PZT PWAS in APDL in order to get electromechanical impedance spectrum VS frequency , as next sequence:
1- define the element and piezo-material structural parameters , coupled parameters and electric permittivity
2- modeling and meshing the free PWAS
3-select the upper surface nodes
4- create component for the top surface:
5- couple the VOLT DOF for the top surface as set '1'
6- get node 'N1' on the upper electrode:
7- do the same for the lower surface ( BOTTOM,2,N2)
8- apply VOLT loads on the upper and lower surfaces :
9- define the frequency range (start - end) and so frequency steps
10 - do the analysis
11- extract the charge on electrode and do external math to convert it to current then impedance and get the spectrum .
the output is 100% experimentally verified.
my question is how to carry out this procedure down from step number 4 for free PWAS ? , and if it is possible to get the impedance calculated directly in workbench 21R2 ?February 7, 2022 at 6:11 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following helps:
ANSYS Tutorial for PWAS (sc.edu)
Regards Ashish Khemka
February 8, 2022 at 9:43 amMd_SalemSubscriber
appreciated for your help, but unfortunately the attached video shows the steps that I have already stated for simulation of PZT in APDL. I need to learn how to do it in ANSYS 21R2 WORKBENCH
Regards MD Salem
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags