General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to change font to monospace type in Ansys.ACT.Browser

• PSiedlac123
      Subscriber

Dear

Do you know how to change change display font to monospace type (Courier, terminal) in Ansys.ACT.Browser. I wrote py macro which result are tables of formatted string data. These tables are hard to read directly in ACT Console while proportional font is default. This results in situation that every line of print have different length, even if the number of chars is equal.

example:

print "i"*10," "*3,"a"*10
      print "a"*10," "*3,"i"*10

• PSiedlac123
      Subscriber

Still I have no idea how to change font in ACT Console, but I made following disturbing observation of its behavior:

myString = "

Bold italian
      "

print myString
      print myString[1:8],myString[14:17]

what result surprisingly in formatting of string as follow

myString = "  Bold   italian "
      !- You see

Is a way to get rid off these enhancers in ACT.Console ?
      or may be better to pipe in external tool to drive space formatted output data?

Its a light of hope to find correct HTML tag or CSS style to overdrive font family, but I failed with and

Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Hey Sorry, that is not currently possible as it is hardcoded.

our development team has noted this as an enhancement request and this should be available in future versions.

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• PSiedlac123
      Subscriber

@Aniklet

as per BUG'S in ACT console under Mechanical Simulation App. I have found one more. If one put snippet code with explicit path definition e.g. sys.path.append("q:\python\my_libs"), console call will purge the double backslash in to single backslash. In such case it will cause error with code execution.. However when You open Snippet in to edit mode You will find double \.

I encourage ANSYS Dev to extend ANSYS capability with option of turning off all enchanters in Mechanical ACT-Console as it is on Workbench Script-Console and regular Python IDLE.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.