October 20, 2022 at 9:27 amSrinjoy GuptaSubscriber
I have a query. Say, I have a soil mass which is in its initial state ( zero deformation under gravity load using INISTATE command) in the first Load step, I am trying to then insert a pile now to that block, how will I change a portion of soil mass to that pile in the second Load step. The mpchg command seems to be unable to change material properties from linear to nonlinear, or from one nonlinear option to another as per most previous forum discussions, considering the pile has only isotropic linear properties and soil is modelled as per mohr column criteria (plastic). some screenshots of geometry are attached.
October 21, 2022 at 12:14 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if this video is of use to you:
November 2, 2022 at 6:23 amSrinjoy GuptaSubscriber
I used thermal conditions to change my material, but when I try to change my connection from bonded in step 1 ( between soil masses) to frictional in step 2 ( between soil and pile ) I have convergence issues, I have tried an unsymmetric newton raphson analysis, weak springs still it doesn't converge
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.