General Mechanical

General Mechanical

HOW TO CHECK THE STAIN IN CONCRETE ALONG DEPTH (D) AT CRITICAL LOADINGS?

• PANDIMANI
      Subscriber
      I HAVE DONE THE SIMULATION OF SIMPLY SUPPORTED RC BEAMS IN ANSYS APDL, NOW I WANT TO READ THE STAIN IN CONCRETE ALONG THE DEPTH (SAY 0.25D,0.5D,0.75D AND D), AS THERE ARE SO MANY STRAIN PARAMETERS LISTED IN THE POST PROCESSOR SUCH AS (MECH. STAIN, LONGI. STAIN, VONMOSSES STRAIN, PLASTIC STRAIN, ELASTIC STRAIN, TOTAL STAIN ETC).nI WANT TO CHECK THE STRAIN VALUES AT FIRST CRACK, STEEL YIELD AND ULTIMATE, OR AT FEW MORE LOADINGS IN BETWEEN THESE CRITICAL POINTS. KINDLY SUGGEST WHAT ARE THE STRAIN VALUES I NEED TO CONSIDER AT THESES LOADING POINTS? I MEAN AT FIRST CRCAK, WHICH STRAIN OR AT YIELDING WHAT TYPE OF STRAIN AND AT ULTIMATE LOAD WHAT STRAIN I NEED TO CONSIDER?.n
    • Dave Looman
      Ansys Employee
      In a beam, the strain in the direction of the axis of the beam is usually of interest, PLESOL,EPEL,X (if the beam is oriented in the X direction.) To display the strain associated with tension and potential cracking you can look at the principal strain with PLESOL,EPEL,1. Maximum compressive strain, associated with crushing, can be plotted with PLESOL,EPEL,3. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.