Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

how to cite ANSYS Electronics desktop in research papers

• Dr. Prince Jain
      Subscriber

can we write academic research papers in SCI indexed journal using Ansys® Electronics Desktop Student 2022 R2. If yes, citation is sufficient or we have to acknowledge as well?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You need to read this   https://www.ansys.com/academic/terms-and-conditions#tab1-4   Specifically at the bottom where Student and Research licences are covered. 

• Dr. Prince Jain
      Subscriber

Thanks for the reply

I already went through this url:  https://www.ansys.com/academic/terms-and-conditions#tab1-4 

but I got confused with this, whether we can publish research papers or not using this software???

So kindly confirm!

• Dr. Prince Jain
        Subscriber

it is written their, Ansys Academic product licenses may not be used for any commercial activity. As we are not using it for commercial activity so can we publish research papers from it?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

No. Student & Teaching: These products may be used only for student instruction, student projects and student demonstrations.  

You'll need Research for the publications.  

• Dr. Prince Jain
      Subscriber

so for that what should we do??

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Check with your University, many have software on the system. Otherwise, use the Contact Us option on ansys.com (use the University email) and that'll get to the local team. 

• Dr. Prince Jain
      Subscriber

Thanks Rob for the suggestions

That means we should have licenced software for research work. We cant use student version for research work

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Correct. Student is the free version for learning, Teaching is the (paid for) version for large groups. There's then Research for the "proper" research and some sites also have Commercial software for consult. 

It's always best to talk to Ansys before doing something if you're not sure. Technical (my role) and Sales are much easier to talk to then Legal! 

• Dr. Prince Jain
      Subscriber

Thanks for the clarification!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.