LS Dyna

LS Dyna

How to compute normal force?

• Simone Saraceno
      Subscriber

I'm working on crashes against inclined barriers, and I need to compute the force normal to the barrier. 

I tried different options implemented in LS-PrePost, but none of them gave me the desired output. The only thing that seemed to work was to download the plot of the X-Force, and multiply it by cos(alfa) on excel. However, this is not a very convincing way of obtaining it. So, how can I obtain the force normal to the barrier directly on LS-PrePost?

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee

Hi , could elobrate the question, what force are you loking, SPC or contact ?

Cheers, Ram 

• Simone Saraceno
        Subscriber

Hi, I’m looking for the contact force component perpendicular to the barrier. I tried by creating a local coordinate system, but I wasn’t able to assign it to the rcforc database. In the photo you can better see the force I’m looking for:

• Simone Saraceno
      Subscriber

Hi, I’m looking for the contact force component perpendicular to the barrier. I tried by creating a local coordinate system, but I wasn’t able to assign it to the rcforc database. In the photo you can better see the force I’m looking for:

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee

use local coord system specific tom that part and check the forces, in general check the contact forces 

Cheers, Ram 

• Simone Saraceno
        Subscriber

Sorry but I'm quite new to LS Dyna. How can I use the local coordinate system specific of a part to check the contact forces?

• Reno Genest
      Ansys Employee

Hello Simone,

You can define a local coordinate system in your model. Then, on the contact optional card C, you can specify which local coordinate id to use to compute the rcforc using the CID_RCF parameter:

Reno.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.