March 2, 2022 at 9:00 pmLMZSubscriber
Take the offcial example in interconnect, OSC_RFSA.icp, which is about how to set parameter in RFSA.
What's the relationship between signal and spectrogram?
How to use and understand the spectrogram under different spectrogram time window(t1) and spectrogram time overlap(t2)? Below are the results from spectrogram under different t1 and t2.March 2, 2022 at 9:01 pmMarch 7, 2022 at 6:33 pmKyleAnsys Employee
The "signal" result is the spectrum of the signal recorded during the entire duration of the simulation. The spectrogram will take the signal from a certain time window and find the spectrum from only that time window. The duration of the time window is set by the "spectrogram time window" property. The subsequent time windows used by the spectrogram will overlap with eachother, with the amount of overlap set by the "spectrogram time overlap" property. The "signal" result is more commonly used, the spectrogram is typically used for more specialized analysis.
March 7, 2022 at 10:13 pmLMZSubscriberHello @kj88 Thanks for reply. Do "spectrogram time window" and"spectrogram time overlap"have same meaning for OSA(optical spectral analyzer)?
Different current depends on time is applied on DFB,the "spectrogram" results is as below. Why the wavelength dependence with time is sysmetric? The "signal "result is correct with different lasing modes.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.