Fluids

Fluids

How to connect two fluid regions in the meshing tool?

• ywang2524
      Subscriber

I want to use shell conduction on the wall between two fluid regions. How to connect two fluid regions in the meshing tool? I know I can form new a part in designmodeler but I do not want to generate conformal mesh in that way. Thanks for helping.

• SRP
      Subscriber

Hi,

You can modify or manipulate the mesh after it has been read into Ansys Fluent. For details please refer to user's guide: 6.12. Modifying the Mesh (ansys.com)

If you are not able to access the link, please refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links (ansys.com)

Thank you

Saurabh

• ywang2524
        Subscriber

Hi, thanks for your suggestion! What if the contact interfaces are not exactly the same, can they still be merged? I tried to merge the interfaces but failed.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

I assume you have A.msh and B.msh for fluid regions. In Fluent you can append mesh files and create non conformal mesh. 

If you want to have conformal mesh then you will need to use ICEMCFD to connect A and B. The recommended approach is form a single part in DM and use share topo and then mesh it to have conformal mesh. 

Regards,

Keyur

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

Guidelines on the Student Community

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Interface should be topologically same. The mesh size also should be similar. 

Please go through help manual for more details 

Regards,

Keyur

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

Guidelines on the Student Community

• ywang2524
      Subscriber

Thanks! If I can not merge the two interfaces into one wall, which means there will be two virtual walls, then the via coupled boudary condition and shell conduction are not applicable, then which kind of BC should I use and how will the heat transfered between this two walls?  

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.