LS Dyna

LS Dyna

How to control wheel/rail force curve convergence?

• poorlearner
      Subscriber
      • After I established the wheel-rail contact model, I found that the wheel-rail force did not converge when displaying the dynamics calculation. I adjusted the dynamic relaxation coefficient, which seemed to have no effect on it. May I ask how to adjust the parameters to make the model calculation converge? I use LS-DYNA in version 16.0 of ANSYS。

• Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee
      What do you mean by the convergence in this context, do you have any specific value that this fall to. Is this curve from ASCII output file train_force_n, along with DT on
      *DATABASE_BINARY_D3THDT. Have you considered using the FFT to analyze the above data. Comment down your outcomes for better support.
      Cheers, Ram
    • poorlearner
      Subscriber
      @ram_gopisetti, thanks for your help. Convergence is defined as the decline of the curve to a range of small fluctuations, similar to the average value of the sum of peaks and valleys. This curve comes from the output file of ASCII. The above data were not analyzed using FFT.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      You should filter the data to see the trend. Read this discussion: https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/22636/mesh-convergence-on-explicit-dynamics
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.