General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to convert Workbench/Explicit Dynamics solution in Ansys Mechanical?

• wangwang
      Subscriber

Thanks for reading.

I already know that my project would need user defined command, in other word, APDL in the next step.

Now, my current project is about impacting and I want to achieve a cohesive behavior  during the process. I am using Explicit Dynamics analysis component in Workbench. But I find that there is not a embeded cohesive behavior inside of Explicit Dyanmics and I couldn't insert APDL in Explicit Dynamics module.

So, how can I convert my solution in Ansys Mechanical? Because I heard about that Ansys mechanical or Ansys APDL could solve project from a bottom aspect, like you could always select your element type and input user defined command.

Thanks for suggestion.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

See this Discussion.

You cannot use MAPDL commands in the Explicit Dynamics Solver. They both are different solvers.

• wangwang
      Subscriber

Thank you. You are right, I know that I cannot input MAPDL in Explicit Dynamics module, so that's the reason I asked how to transfer my solution data from Explicit Dynamics into Ansys Mechanical APDL, the most classical FEA software from Ansys corporation. Because I know that Ansys Mechanical APDL could use MAPDL commands and also could simulate impingement process. And I could use MAPDL commands in Ansys Mechanical APDL to postprocess my transferred simulation result.

I am not sure did I clearly express my question. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.