Fluids

Fluids

How to create a fluid volume inside a fluid volume

• syed123
      Subscriber

Hello

I have one fluid region which encloses the Turbofan, however, i have put an extra fluid region closer around the turbofan with a lot more mesh.

The problem i face is that i am not sure what the boundary condition should be for the fluid region inside the other fluid region. (both fluids are air and the one inside the other fluid has more elements - more mesh). Any help would be appreciated. 

Regards

• YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      name the boundary as interface .. and fluent will understand it as interface between two fluid zonesn
    • syed123
      Subscriber
      Hello,nnThank you for replying back. nI have set the boundary to interface but i have now got an error when internalising. The Image below shows the error. Wall-cv_1_air is the internal fluid and is also interface 9. How can i fix this issue.Regardsnnn
    • Metin
      Subscriber
      If you want to mesh some part of your domain fine, you have to make sure that it is a body of influence. Go to mesh and remove the contacts of this fine meshed region. nAlso the reason you get this 'cannot create surface from sliding interface zone' is because the faces of the interface is on top of each other. The only way to have a conformal mesh is to use share topology which is something I advice you to use as well. To use share topology, simply go to geometry and choose the bodies which are in contact with each other and form a new part and then use the share topology option. You won't have to deal with interfaces using this method because shared topology will simply remove one of the faces which are in contact with each other. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.