3D Design

3D Design

How to create a vertex in spaceclaim to apply a point load at it by picking vertex in mechanical

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Hi All,

How do I create a vertex in spaceclaim that is placed at center of the green sign to apply a point load at it by picking vertex in mechanical?

Regards,

Sam

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You can draw two diagonal lines that intersect at the center. That will make a vertex.  Or you could draw a small circle on the green face and that will make a new face that you can pick to assign a "point" load.

Regards,
      Peter

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

i drew the circle in spaceclaim as shown below but i don't see in mechanical. Not sure what i am doing wrong. i updated the geometry. Attached is the model.

Regards,

Sam

• sameerfares
      Subscriber

Sorry Peter!  Circle did show up after i closed the file and reopened. I thought  i did refresh all data in Mechanical and updated geomtery in spaceclaim but i didnt see it then. Is there  something else i shouldve done to update the geometry?

Thanks,

Sam

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Sam,

If Mechanical is closed while you are editing the geometry in SpaceClaim, exit SC and WB will show a Refresh is required. You can click the Refresh button, or just open Mechanical and the geometry will update.

You can have both SC and Mechanical open and after you edit geometry in SC, in Mechanical, RMB on Geometry and select Update Geometry from Source and it should attach the new geometry.

Regards,
      Peter

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.