General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to create Cable structure.

• PIT
      Subscriber
      I working on the curtain wall system. Usually, I model cable structure for support glass wall by using FEM from Strand.7 program. Normally about cable structures need to assign Pre-load/Pre-Strain.nmy question is.nWhich is the best way to create a cable structure model?nHow to assign Pre-load/Pre-Strain to members?nIs the Ansys program suitable for my work?nbest regardnPInn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nANSYS can model cables and assign an Initial Strain. Search for INISTATE command.nThere are many discussions on cables on this forum.nhttps://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforum.ansys.com+cable+model+inistaten
    • PIT
      Subscriber
      ArraynI have aquestion about the properties of cable nsection of cable in the program I was use circular cross-section.nIt's can adjust only dimension but i want to adjust dimension and area nbecause i want make same properties with my cable specnthis is my cable specnDo you have any suggestions for me ?nBest regardnPInn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nMeasure the bending stiffness of the cable. That stiffness provides a value of EI.nCalculate area moment of inertia for bending, I from the radius r of the actual diameter of the cable.nCalculate what E must be so that the product E*I equals the EI measured from bending the cable.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.