3D Design

3D Design

How to create geometries using equations/parametrizations to further export to Electronics

• gtheis
      Subscriber
      Hi,nnI am quite new to ANSYS (which means I just got it). It seems that Space Claim doesn't have like cylinder/brick modules that you can insert. Ideally I would like to make a via array design to further simulate in Icepak, however I can't seem to understand how to properly design the via array (the proper workflow). TheAlso the material of each part of the design is quite obscure to me.nnI would love some directions/tutorials. Looking at the documentation it seems I always need to sketch and so on.nnKind regards,nnGuilhermen
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nIn this particular case, you should be able to create a circle and pull it to obtain your cylinder. Pull operation will extrude the circle in the third direction. Once you have this, you should be able to 'Linear (or Circular) Pattern' option under the 'Create' Ribbon (Design Tab -> Create Ribbon -> Linear Pattern).nHere is a repository of SpaceClaim tutorials. These include both basic, intermediate, and advanced ones. These should help you get started.nPlease also have a look at the following video from our Channel Partner 'Mallet Technologies'.nnThank you.nKarthiknn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.