Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to create geometry from coordinates of points in Design modeler?

• murali666
      Subscriber

I have a coordinates (X,Y, and Z) of all points as shown below. I have a lot of points in between the black lines displayed below. I imported only few points to avoid clumsiness.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Yes, you are on correct path. Once you create surfaces, please use Sew command.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• murali666
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your response.
      I combined all the surfaces and generated a solid body using the sew command.

But why this solid is looking like hallow, why it is not looking like actual solid body like below.
      I want to create a circular hole at center (as shown in circle in above figure) like as shown in the below figure. In below figure, first I created a circle on the bottom plane and extruded it and selected cut material option in during extrude operation. I tried to do the same in the above case, but it didn't worked.
      Please help in creating the circular hole in the above figure and explain me why both the solids are looking different.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      To look like solid - change display option. Use view - shared exterior
      To cut hole - extrude as frozen option. Then use boolean operation to cut material.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• murali666
      Subscriber
      Its worked, Thank you for your help.

I have one more issue. In the above figure, I have shown the points only in six lines, but I have points in around 121 lines (121 lines and 385 points in every line), I haven't shown all of them in the above figure to avoid clumsiness.
      Its very tedious to create the curves for all the lines and joining them with the other points to form the edges and creating the surfaces from them.
      So please tell me is there any way I can reduce the process or make the whole process automatic.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.