Fluids

Fluids

How to create polyline normal to surface

• MohsenSalehi
      Subscriber

I'm modeling the flow around an elliptic body. Instead of angling the current, I angled the body. Now I need to create a series of curves normal to the body to report the pressure coefficient. please guide me.

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,

For us to understand your requirements in a better way, can you show the illustration of how you want the polylines?
      However, you can try using 'Boundary Intersection' method for creating the polyline at an angle. You need to create a reference plane at an angle (as per your requirement) and intersect it with the boundary surface (of your interest) to create a polyline at the intersection of the plane and the surface: 12.1.10. Polyline Command (ansys.com)

Nikhil

• MohsenSalehi
      Subscriber
      Thanks

But when the plate rotates around the y-axis, for the intersection with the body, the following image is obtained and I can not use the intersection.

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,

I think you have created a solid surface using CAD. Correct me if I am wrong?
      What I mean to convey, you have to create a reference plane in CFD post itself and use the Boundary Intersection method to create a polyline.

Nikhil
    • MohsenSalehi
      Subscriber
      I create a reference plane, but my question is another thing.
      How I can make the plane normal to the body?
      This is my geometry file:

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You'll need to orient the plane if you're in Fluent.
      Getting the intersect is a different matter, and not easy. My usual approach is to keep the object of interest aligned with x, y & z and adjust "outside" to suit my needs.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.