how to defeature < auto="" detected="" contact="">>>,
August 23, 2018 at 1:15 amAndySubscriber
Hi, Mr. / Miss
as of complexity of my model (static structural), I turned off the function of <<
>> in workbench option, as graphics1, but when I update geometry and rerun, there is still some auto detected contacts.
any one can save me from the boring feature, thanks a lot.
August 23, 2018 at 2:01 am
August 23, 2018 at 2:13 amAndySubscriber
looks this is the right answer, I get it now.
thank you buddy.
August 23, 2018 at 3:39 am
August 30, 2018 at 5:52 amAndySubscriber
the first time I checked the options, I turned it off,
, but still auto contact pairs added.
this issue didn't solved until Sandeep's comments, set "Generate Automatic Connection on Refresh" to No. I don't know how the two options combines, but now it worked, with both of them turned off.
February 11, 2019 at 8:27 pmadamkovacs1126Subscriber
how comes I cannot manage to find this option?
I also tried what Peter suggested but as for Andy, contact pairs are still added automatically during an update. I am using R19.1 Rigid Body Dynamics but I could not find the disabling option in Static Structural either.
Thanks for the help and kind regards,
February 12, 2019 at 12:23 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
What I suggested is in a different location to what you are showing above:
P.S: This Discussion has been marked to be locked as it has an answer. In the future, please open a new discussion and use the #Permalink to tag another. Take a moment to review the Guidelines on the Student Community.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.