General Mechanical

General Mechanical

• Andy
      Subscriber

Hi, Mr. / Miss

as of complexity of my model (static structural), I turned off the function of <<>> in workbench option, as graphics1, but when I update geometry and rerun, there is still some auto detected contacts.

any one can save me from the boring feature, thanks a lot.

Andy.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Andy,

Have you set "Generate Automatic Connection on Refresh" to No?

Regards,

Sandeep

• Andy
      Subscriber

Hi, Sandeep,

looks this is the right answer, I get it now.

thank you buddy.

Andy

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Andy,

I prefer to permanently turn this automatic behavior off, for any new model, so I never have to deal with the problem.

You do that in Workbench, Tools > Options... select Mechanical from the list, then uncheck Auto Detect Contact on Attach.

Cheers,

Peter

• Andy
      Subscriber

Hi, Peter,

the first time I checked the options, I turned it off, , but still auto contact pairs added.

this issue didn't solved until Sandeep's comments, set "Generate Automatic Connection on Refresh" to No. I don't know how the two options combines, but now it worked, with both of them turned off.

thank you

Andy

• adamkovacs1126
      Subscriber

Hi Sandeep, 

how comes I cannot manage to find this option? 

I also tried what Peter suggested but as for Andy, contact pairs are still added automatically during an update. I am using R19.1 Rigid Body Dynamics but I could not find the disabling option in Static Structural either.

Thanks for the help and kind regards,

Adam

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

What I suggested is in a different location to what you are showing above:

P.S: This Discussion has been marked to be locked as it has an answer. In the future, please open a new discussion and use the #Permalink to tag another. Take a moment to review the Guidelines on the Student Community.

Regards,
      Sandeep

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.