Fluids

Fluids

How to define inlet velocity in 45 degrees from the inlet ?

• kaboka
      Subscriber

Hello,

I would like to define a velocity inlet in 45-degree angle for my quenching multiphase flow (water and air) case in 2D. I have tried to give the  axial and radial velocity to inbuilt system, however it does not give me the exact solution. Could anyone help me about it? Do I have to add a UDF file or is  there any other tricks you could recommend?

Following pictures are my actual case and the velocity vector that I want: 

45 degree inclined velocity vector

Thanks for the help in advance,

Bora

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      actually should be done via inlet and direction.
    • kaboka
      Subscriber

Hello Amine,

When I define the axial and radial velocity as following, it does not provide a good solution. Do you have any suggestions about that ?

Best regards

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Might be a visualization issue with the vectors using cell values. The method is correct.
    • kaboka
      Subscriber

Hello Amine,

Yes method is correct but I want the velocity of water is going like spray, so I need a converging velocity profile at the inlet. I have been trying it for some time but still couldn't tilt the velocity vectors in 45 degrees. Do you have any hint how to do that ? Thanks in advance 

Best regards

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Why can't we see any vectors next to the jet? 

• kaboka
      Subscriber

This is the last version. I have done it via UDF code in axial velocity and gave the radial velocity as -10 m/s. However, my goal is to define the vectors to left from inlet. This is an axisymmetric case. Do you have any idea how to change the direction? Thanks in advance. 

#include "udf.h"

DEFINE_PROFILE(vel_profile, t, i)

{

real x[ND_ND];                /* this will hold the position vector */

real y;

face_t f;

begin_f_loop(f, t)

{

F_CENTROID(x,f,t);

y = x[1];

F_PROFILE(f, t, i) = -15 - y*sin(45);

}

end_f_loop(f, t)

}

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.