July 1, 2020 at 1:44 pmzein.elserfySubscriber
i want to model porous aerofoil or porous trailing edge aerofoil on FLUENT. I generate the mesh using pointwise software. The problem is how to choose the whole aerofoil or just the trailing edge and define them as porous part to add porous material flow resistance to that part.
July 2, 2020 at 5:24 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
can you please insert some images.
if i understand the problem correctly then you need to define boundary names before coming to fluent.
if you have only single boundary name in fluent, separate boudary using domain -. zones - separate.
If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.
Guidelines on the Student Community
How to access ANSYS help links
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.