Electronics

Electronics

How to design Permanent magnet generator in Rmxprt?

Tagged: 

• umozumder
      Subscriber

Hi,

I got the Ansys Electronics desktop. I am trying to design Permanent magnet generator in RMxprt. But I can not find the option for that. All I am finding is PM DC motors. Could you please help on this regard?

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Select Adjust-Speed Synchronous Machine
      If you select the control type to AC in the machine settings then you can change the operation type to generator in solution setup.
      Regards Navya

• umozumder
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot. I am able to work on it. Could you suggest to me how to divide a stator into two separate stators?
    • Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Can you elaborate on what do you mean by divide the stator into two parts?
      Is it in Maxwell or RMXprt you are asking?
      If you are creating a maxwell model from RMXprt, it will automatically create the smallest possible symmetry model.
      You can control the number of fractions as mentioned in the below forum discussion.
      Regards Navya

• umozumder
      Subscriber
      Hi Thank you for your informative reply.
      Sorry for my ambiguous words. I should have been more specific. I am trying to design a dual stator with some phase differences between these two stator sides. Is it possible to design this type of machine RMxprt? If so, how?

• sandeepn20
      Subscriber
      Could you please tell, What should be done to simulate a full model in Maxwell-2D while creating it from RMxprt design ?
    • Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Before you analyze the RMxprt model, go to RMxprt > Design settings > User-Defined Data > Check Enable
      In the text window type "Fractions 1" without quotation marks (capital F).
      Then Analyse the RMxprt model andcreate the Maxwellmodel

Regards Navya
    • sandeepn20
      Subscriber

I am getting this error.
    • sandeepn20
      Subscriber
      I am able to fix this issue.
      Maxwell 2D > Mesh Operations > Initial Mesh Settings, and select Classic.This will remove that error message.
      Thanks
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.