General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to determine total number of active nodes on surface in Capped Isosurface

• Anand1987
      Subscriber
      All,nnI'm working on structural FEA analysis, I want to determine number of nodes on surface at certain strain value for example 10%,20%,30% etc of maximum strain. For this I have used capped Isosurface to activate 10%,20%, 30% strain elements by adjusting value in Isosurface value (every time). Now I would like to calculate number of nodes one plane place at 2mm from the global co-ordinate system in the 10 % strain Isosurface volume .I wrote APDL command but unable to calculate total numbers of nodes on the surface.nnESEL,S,LOC,Z,2 ! Selected all elements on the surface at 2 mm in ISO surfacenNSLE,S! all nodes of 2mm surface are stored S nUnable to complete the code, now I want to get total node number on the screen & store value in text file , please help me in the APDL command.n
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnYou can issue NLIST command, which will show a text file on screen with node numbers. You can copy and save the same.nnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • Anand1987
      Subscriber
      nIssued suggested command but I did not get any output nor text file on the window . Please look into below code and suggest the correction if any.nESEL,S,LOC,Z,2 ! Selected all elements on the surface at 2 mm in ISO surfacenNSLE,S ! all nodes of 2mm surface are stored S nNLIST,Snn
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Anand,nIssue NLIST or NLIST,ALL. You are selecting elements at location z = 2, then selecting the nodes attached to this element into new set. Issuing just NLIST or NLIST,ALL should work. NLIST,S indicates listing a named selection by name of S. Have you created this named selection?.Regards,nAshish Khemkan
    • Anand1987
      Subscriber
      As you correctly pointed, I'm trying to select all the elements on the XY plane at 2, then trying to find all the nodes on that plane. After that I I did not create any name selection in the analysis so far. I'm trying to find all the nodes number on XY plane with help of commands. Please see the modified command lines n/POST1nSET,LASTnNSEL,S,LOC,Z,2            ! Selected all elements on the surface at 2 mm in ISO surface     n*GET,NNUM,NODE,,COUNT        !GET NUMBER OF NODES on the selected plane n*DIM,RESULTS,ARRAY,1,1 ! defining array resultsnVGET,RESULTS(1,1),NODE,1,ATTR,ELEM  ! store node number in results(1,1)n*CFOPEN,'\8.Analysis\Analysis_models\Fine_thread_fine\Analysis_4','txt' !n*VWRITE,RESULTS(1,1) ! writing results in file n(f12.4)  n*CFCLOS ! closing programnStill there is no success, I get 00000 in the file, no output. Kindly help in this, its driving me crazy.n
    • Anand1987
      Subscriber
      HiArraynI further refined my code, this time I'm getting only zeroes in the output file no success. Please look into the command lines and suggest changes if any.n/POST1nNSEL,S,LOC,Z,2            ! Selected all elements on the surface at 2 mm in ISO surface     n*GET,NUMNODE,NODE,0,COUNT       !GET NUMBER OF NODES IN MODEL  n*GET,CURNOD,NODE,0,NUM,MIN     !RETRIEVE MINIMUM NODE NUMBER on the surface n*GET,NUM1,ELEM,0,COUNT        !GET NUMBER OF element on the surface n/OUTPUT,\8.Analysis\Analysis_4,txt,,APPENDn*VWRITE,NUMNODE,NUM1,CURNODn(F8.0,5X,F8.0,5X,F8.0)  n/OUTPUTnnWhat I'm looking is detailed in the previous post. Thanks you in advance.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.