Fluids

Fluids

How to display the location of particles in a narrow pipe using Macroscopic particle model (MPM)

• za36kuzo
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

I am simulating the motion of sand in a narrow pipe.  I tried to create the animation, and I keep the autosave of animation for particular time step in the fluent. The problem now after writing a file in the animation playback screen, it was difficult to visualize the motion of the particle, due to the high length to diameter ratio of the pipe (L=1m, D=0.003). I wonder if there is any procedure to visualize the motion of particle in the saved animation file. 

Other problem I faced in MPM, after I have created the periodicity in fluent, use the TUI command: define>b-c>m-z>m-p….., I am not able to add the MPM model, using define>mod>add, because TUI still defined with Boundary condition. It is possible to switch off from periodic BC to add MPM model?

Thanks, in advance!

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      For MPM better to rely on Fluent Post-Processing the dedicated MPM display functions. Avoid using DPM Post-Processing or External Post-Processing here.n
    • za36kuzo
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much for replying, I will try this approach! nAlso, it is possible to switch off from periodic BC to add MPM model using the TUI command?nBest regardsnn nn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.