Fluids

Fluids

How to display the volume of a phase in a domain

• javat33489
      Subscriber

Hi all. I want to calculate the volume fraction of one of the phases in a certain domain (for example, a pre-prepared named selection). For example, I have a mixture model of water and gas. I need to know how much gas is in the pipe in kg or as a percentage. I came up with a way but I can't make this variable. Help me. I think it can be rendered like this: volume fraction*density in a specific domain, for example I previously created a named selection called GAS. And then find the integral over the volume of this expression. But how to arrange all this? Help please?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Assuming you're using FLuent, have a look in the Volume Reports in the Results section. 

• javat33489
        Subscriber

But there is no volume parameter there. Yes, it's FLUENT. Tell me more please?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

In the Results section (ribbon) there's a Volume Integrals option. If you want to parameterise that you'll need to create a Report Definition. 

• javat33489
        Subscriber

Yes, everything works! Thanks! Only it doesn't work for NAMED SELECTION prepared in mesher or SPACE CLAIM. Do I need to create a separate CELL ZONE? How to do it?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Did you label the cell (volume) zones or the faces? NS are generally passed over, but it's common for people to only label faces. 

• javat33489
        Subscriber

Looks like I made a surface when I did it in SPACECLAIM. How to make a volume so that I can watch its volume?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Split the volume and label in SpaceClaim. In Fluent you can split cell zones using Registers: not as straightforward but worth learning. It'll be covered on here somewhere. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.