Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

How to do coastal simulation

• JustinCHAN
      Subscriber

For your information, I am new by using this system. I have downloaded the "Ansys Fluent 2022R1" but I don't know how to input those data and set-up. Could any experience user tell me how to do or where I can find tutorial video about "Ansys Fluent 2022R1"?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      There are general tutorials in the Help system (click on Help in Fluent) and I'd suggest doing some of the courses from the top of the page. They'll cover some of the fluids topics and terms.
      From there you'll need to decide what exactly you're trying to model, and then will need to figure out how to get the geometry built etc. CFD can be used for coastal modelling, but given the domain sizes etc it's not necessarily the best choice.
    • JustinCHAN
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your reply.
      My Professor told me that I can simulate the break performance by different shape of wave breaker through Ansys Fluent. He told me that I should learn how to do the simulation about wave first, then input the wave breaker and simulate it performance.
      But I stuck in the set-up part. So I am now asking for help.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      OK, that's a little less extreme than coastal modelling. Please do the tutorials, from the above start with geometry (SpaceClaim) and go from there. There are also some videos in the Help, you're looking for open channel waves and VOF.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.