3D Design

3D Design

How to draw a wavy wall in DesignModeler?

• khalidb77
      Subscriber

I am trying to draw a wavy wall in an enclosure using DesignModeler with a fixed amplitude A as shown in picture? may somebody guide me how I can do that?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Look up line import options (Concept Modelling) and also pattern. 

• khalidb77
      Subscriber

Do you mean importing the geometry? may you sent illustrated picture for the option?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Yes, generate the line as points in Excel and import as a line: check DesignModeler documentation. You can then pattern the line or whatever you make from it. 

• khalidb77
      Subscriber

But I do not have data for the line ? how I can create it in Excel?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You have an equation for the line?  Otherwise you'll need to sketch it in DM, if you don't know the shape/coordinates how do you plan on doing that? 

• khalidb77
      Subscriber

Yes I do not have the equation for the line. How I can draw a wavy line in DM? This is my main question? I have the coordinates and dimensions of the configuration.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you have coordinates you can either create (and dimension) construction points in sketch, or read up on importing line bodies. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please reply with the coordinates and dimensions of the configuration.

You can put any file type inside a zip file archive and attach the zip file after you post a reply.

• khalidb77
      Subscriber

Many thanks I able to plot the geometry with creating intersection points then use spline I got the below mesh. Now I want to make inflation at the right and left walls but I failed to do that and the inflation never activated?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.