June 25, 2022 at 12:21 pmorestisg1997Subscriber
My question is the following:
How can one estimate the Foundation Stiffness for an elastic support (ES) with respect to the elastic constants of the material (consider it to be linear elastic istropic with Young's modulus E, and Poisson ratio v) which the ES condition replaced?
Many thanks in advance.
June 29, 2022 at 12:36 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Foundation stiffness is the pressure required to produce a unit normal deflection of the foundation.
July 27, 2022 at 9:51 amorestisg1997Subscriber
Consider that two bodies come into bonded contact. I want to include body 1 in my analysis, but due to computer memory limitations I do not want to include body 2. I am trying to eliminate body 2 from the analysis and replace it with an Elastic Support. Lets say that body 2 behaves as linear elastic, isotropic, homogeneous material with material constants (E=100GPa, v=0.3). Can you please tell me how can you determine the value of the Foundation Stiffness with respect to (E=100Gpa, v=0.3);
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.