April 12, 2022 at 7:10 amCpwtubSubscriber
Dear community ,
My question refers to the following diagram,
I want to export the element numbers of a surface of interest, the area of the element face at the surface and corresponding Node IDs at that surface. For an example, in the following diagram, the element ID which is in the surface of interest is E1, The area of the face at the surface, then I need the node numbers n1,n2,n3 and n4, which are the nodes at the surface of interest.
This i want to do it for all the elements at the surface of interest
I want to do it in Mechanical APDL. I could use *get command to export some of these data separately but neither all together nor all the data.April 12, 2022 at 7:50 amVigneswaran SridharanAnsys EmployeeHi Please have a look at 'Selection logic' in this course on 'Intro to MAPDL Scripting'.
Combining *GET with selection logic is one way to export elements and corresponding nodes id's at the surface of interest.
Selection Logic ÔÇö Lesson 6 - ANSYS Innovation Courses
Rules & Guidelines ÔÇö Ansys Learning Forum
April 12, 2022 at 12:46 pmCpwtubSubscriber
Thank you very much for the reply
I am using some the commands that you have mentioned. But my question is a bit specific as mentioned above.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.