Electronics

Electronics

How to export field data plotted on a rectangle/any surface inside the rad box

• doublehelix
      Subscriber
      I have draw a rectangle inside a radiation box and plotted E-field data on it. I have some questions.nIs the E or H or J magnitude data which is plotted in HFSS is the peak value or RMS?nHow to export E or H or J magnitude data which is plotted on a non-model rectangle inside the radiation box in the form of grid points? I understand that it can be done by going into the field calculator but can you please specify the exact steps with the help of an example?n
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      HelloArray,It is the instantaneous value at a particular phase.nPlease go through the help document with the search Export Command for exporting the data using the field calculator.nAll the very best.nBest Regards,n
    • doublehelix
      Subscriber
      Thanks. Yes, I understand that it is instantaneous value, but my question was that is it peak value or RMS value of E field ? n
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Array,nIn general, HFSS uses Peak phasors for the field quantities. Please go through the section Peak Versus RMS Phasors in the Help document for more information.nAll the best.nBest Regards,nn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.