Fluids

Fluids

How to export/write the whole result of a periodic model via one period result?

• Justasimplecfdguy
      Subscriber

All,

I modeled 1/16 (22.5 degree) of my cylindrical domain (used periodic boundary condition). In Fluent, I am able to see the whole domain by going to "View" section as well as having the pressure distribution on my whole domain (pressure distribution is repeated every 22.5 degree)

I want to extract the pressure values on a surface of my domain and then apply that pressure distribution on a surface of my full domain (full domain that I have from the initial geometry before cutting it into 16 segments). How can I do it?

In Fluent, I tried to extract all points and pressure values. However, It does not let me. It is just a visualization feature and does not make any physical nodes in the text or CSV file.

Thank you in advance!

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Depending on what you're trying, there is an easy way of doing it. Where is the surface that you want to define the pressure distribution located? Can you provide a simple schematic of the geometry with the surface?

• CFDisGreat
      Subscriber

It is Justasimplecfdguy!

I am afraid that I can not share a pic... I made a name selection in WB as a wall.

I want to extract pressure and X-Y-Z coordinates for my mesh on that mentioned wall and later for 360 degree (a full 3D surface with zero thickness).

• CFDisGreat
      Subscriber

I did search for it online. I was told to rotate my domain 8 times (8*45) and then append the cas/dat files to make a full 360 domain.

I have difficulties when I wanna rotate the cas and dat files simultaneously.

Any information how to use slit-periodic in FLUENT?

/mesh/modify-zones/slit-periodic
      /mesh/modify-zones/fuse-face-zones

Thank you in advance!

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Justasimplecfdguy forgot his password?

I was expecting (or should I say hoping) that you wanted to map pressure data on the wall. I also have one more follow up question: how is the pressure distribution on the wall? Does it vary only along the X-direction (flow direction)?

• CFDisGreat
      Subscriber

I did

I asked for a permission to share a pic.

What is wrong with my account?!

I want to upload a pic but can not do it. It says only JPEG or PNG files while my file is in PNG/JPEG format.

I think the answer is no as pressure values change with X and Y.

Thanks

• CFDisGreat
      Subscriber

What am I missing when I use slit-periodic?

In the new cas.dat file:
      I have "name"-periodic ---> symmetry
      interface 1---> interface
      interface 2---> interface
      "name"-side1-wall-interface-1 ---> wall
      "name"-side1-wall-interface-2 ---> wall

In the old cas.dat file:
      I have "name"-periodic ---> periodic
      interface 1---> interface
      interface 2---> interface
      "name"-side1-wall-interface-1 ---> wall
      "name"-side1-wall-interface-2 ---> wall

I think I need to fix this before rotating the mesh. Correct?

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Honestly, a picture would make it a lot easier . Did you try attaching it to a post that you've already made?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.