November 26, 2019 at 10:58 amhaitengSubscriber
I am using ANSYS Fluent to simulate a transient flow field. The case has been run for a physical time of 150 s, with the data saved every 0.5 s (physical time). Thus, I have 300 .dat file after the simulation.
During post-processing (using CFD-Post, EnSight), I want to extract the time history of temperature and velocity for some sample points. Could I achieve this goal without re-running the simulation for another 150 s physical time, which is painfully long?
To clariy, I did monitor one point and saved its time history during the Fluent solving process. But that’s not enough. Now I want to extract more information from this completed transient simulation.
November 26, 2019 at 4:39 pmDrAmineAnsys EmployeeYes if the information required depends on variables available in the export should be possible. In post check transient chart and export what you want.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.