General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to extract solution from a simulation using MAP2DTO3D

• kevin delabre
      Subscriber

Hello everyone. 

I am doing a simulation where I need to switch from a 2D axisymetrical problem to a 3D problem. This simulation is done in a classic static structural box. To do so, I am using the MAP3DTO3D command as specified in the ansys advanced guide help. As it turns out, after using the command which works, it seems that I can't use the graphic interface anymore and everything needs to be done using APDL command. Is it normal or is there a way to switch back to the ansys interface. 
      Moreover, I tried to extract the results to a new static structural box using inistate but it won't export the 3D solution (only the 2D one from the beginning). 
      What should I do to solve this problem, is there any document showing how to please ? 

Thanks a lot.

• bhagwantP
      Ansys Employee

Hello Kevin,

We have few examples in workbench technology showcase guide as well as in Ansys APDL verfication manual  where it emloys above command. 

Will youm please check out those if they are sufficing your needs.

Thanks

• kevin delabre
        Subscriber

Hello

Thanks for your answer. I tried to look inside but I couldn't find the right model, but maybe I haven't checked enough so I'll try again. 
        Just in case if you know where I could find the exemples i need, it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks a lot. 

• bhagwantP
      Ansys Employee
      • bhagwantP
        Ansys Employee

Hello Kevin,

I  have cited some the links in this regards. Hope these links help you well.

• kevin delabre
      Subscriber

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your exemples. Unfortunately, it was public holiday and the company was closed so i couldn't have a look at them. I will now be able to do so and come back to you after I studied them carefully.

Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.