August 9, 2018 at 8:55 pmjoshita89Subscriber
I have a sphere in my geometry which becomes an ellipse on applying strain to it. I want to extract the coordinates of that ellipse so that I can calculate the aspect ratio. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank You!
August 9, 2018 at 9:39 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
If you just want to look at it in a CAD program, you right click on the total deformation and export it either a Text File or an STL file. You can view the STL file in SpaceClaim by simply dragging and dropping from the file manager.
Now, if you are trying to transfer the deformed body for another analysis? You can transfer the bodies using the settings shown in Properties for V19 and later. Also, once you have the deformed mesh in there you can always do the mesh quality check?
Hope this helps.
August 10, 2018 at 12:35 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Sandeep mentioned how to export an STL file. Some CAD systems are horrible at using STL. If you want to export a Parasolid instead, there is a very long and arcane method to do that documented here.
August 11, 2018 at 7:01 pmjoshita89Subscriber
Thank you Sandeep & Peter. It worked.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.