3D Design

3D Design

how to fill solid property in cad imported 3D geometry

• abhay mahar
      Subscriber

i imported autocad 3D file into ansys. but i did not get solid body , i get only surface body in ansys. i use fill option in ansys but it did not work . can any body plz tell me how to add solid property in imported cad geometry..

can any body tell me how to give solid property to this geometry

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

If there is no hole in your surface geometry then please use Body Operations --> Sew command to create a solid body out of surface body. It will stitch all surfaces together. 

Also use second option from top right corner as shown in your image to display edges by connectivity. The edges which are only connected to one face will have red color. You may need to create faces here to patch holes. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Keyur

• abhay mahar
      Subscriber

it is not working

i just tried this sew command but it is not working in this geometry

• abhay mahar
      Subscriber

Hello, 

If there is no hole in your surface geometry then please use Body Operations --> Sew command to create a solid body out of surface body. It will stitch all surfaces together. 

Also use second option from top right corner as shown in your image to display edges by connectivity. The edges which are only connected to one face will have red color. You may need to create faces here to patch holes. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Keyur

sir i tried but it did not worked. can you tell me any other option

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Abhay,

I can take a look at your file. Please create a Workbench Project Archive .wbpz file and attach it to your post above.

Regards,

Peter

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee

Hi Abhay,

From the icons next to bodies in the geometry tree, it looks like these are solid bodies. Since it is imported in Frozen state, those bodies are shown transparent. To turn off transparency go to View >> uncheck box for 'Frozen Body Transparency'

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee

On additional note, you should be to operate on these bodies as normal. Except couple of DM operations which need bodies to be in active state, you should be able to use all other operations.

• abhay mahar
      Subscriber

Hello Abhay,

I can take a look at your file. Please create a Workbench Project Archive .wbpz file and attach it to your post above.

Regards,

Peter

sir file in not attaching in this post . can you send me you email id

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Abhay,

I don't use email here, I just use this site.

When the size of the project archive is greater than the 120 MB file size limit for attaching to posts, many students use the Google Drive feature of Gmail. If you use Gmail and attach a large file, it will create a link to the file on your Google Drive. You can post that link in your reply. If you don't use Gmail, there are similar features in a Microsoft mail account and there are free websites like Dropbox.

Regards,

Peter

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.