March 12, 2022 at 7:18 amrahuldevmishra08Subscriber
How to find power density of any mode in mode solution.March 18, 2022 at 2:53 pmGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
The power density is not calculated by the FDE solver in MODE, so you would have to calculate it manually. You can calculate the power by integrating the Poynting vector. It would be something like:
power = 0.5*integrate(real(Pz), [1,2], x, y)
To get the modal area, an option is to use the effective area calculated by the solver (see this page).
Both can be obtained from the selected mode (you can use getresult)
March 23, 2022 at 9:59 amrahuldevmishra08SubscriberCan you please elaborate
integrate(real(Pz), [1,2], x, y)
March 23, 2022 at 11:32 amGreg BaethgeAnsys EmployeeSure, I'm using the syntax of the integrate script command. Assuming the mode is calculated in the xy plane. In our tools, the fields are usually stored as function of the position (x,y,z) and wavelength/frequency. In the integrate command, [1,2] means we integrate Pz (z component of the Poynting vector) over dimension 1 and 2 (corresponding to x and y).
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.