March 1, 2022 at 6:09 pmAbhinavArunSubscriber
I want to find the confinement loss for a nanowaveguide in lumerical. How to do it?March 2, 2022 at 8:04 pmKyleAnsys Employee
I'm not sure what you mean by "confinement loss", can you please give some more information on what you're trying to calculate?
The FDE solver in MODE or the FEEM solver in Lumerical Multiphysics can be used to calculate waveguide mode properties, including loss. This loss calculation is calculated from the imaginary part of the effective index and takes into account absorption losses in the waveguide materials as well as losses due to waveguide bends or radiation to a high index substrate (if PML boundaries are used). These solvers do not take into account losses due to sidewall roughness. These examples have more information:
Bent waveguide analysis
Bent waveguide (FEEM)
Waveguide substrate loss (FEEM)
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.