General Mechanical

General Mechanical

how to find the tipnode in the model?(CINT)

• merlin
      Subscriber

hello, i learned the example 3.7.5 in the ANSYS Mechanical APDL Fracture Analysis Guide. however, i can't understand why the number in red circle is 15910 in the snapshot. thanks!

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nnI am not very sure but it might be the 'crack tip node number (guess1)' or '(guess2) Crack-extension direction calculation-assist node, which is any node on the open side of the crack'. You could cross check this once the tutorial is complete.Regards,nIshan.n
    • merlin
      Subscriber
      nThank you for answering me. i don't know how to query the crack tip node, namely, find the number of the tip node. i hope you can help me.nregrads,nMerlinn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nYou could go to PlotCtrls>numbering> node numbers >onnRegards,nIshan. n
    • merlin
      Subscriber
      hello,ni have tried this method before but the maximum node number l could find is only about 3600. the question is where is the 15910. thank you for replying me.nregardsnMerlinn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nThe mesh in tutorial might be different from your mesh. Did you try changing the value according to your mesh id and see if it gives you the same result?nRegards,nIshan.n n
    • merlin
      Subscriber
      hello,ni have changed the value of the tip node but the result was different. so i am confused where is the tip node 15910.nregards,nmerlinn
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.