March 28, 2022 at 8:33 amrm8Subscriber
I was performing a frozen rotor simulation of a centrifugal fan (D = 150 mm). The simulation showed a slow but steady convergence for 1400 iterations, and then it suddently diverged.
The domain is divided in three parts: an inlet volume, an outlet volume and a moving reference.March 28, 2022 at 2:04 pmRobAnsys EmployeeThe solver doesn't look overly happy in the residual plot, but that could be as simple as a mismatch between the mass flow boundary and rotation speed. Double check you've set the correct zone to rotate. Did you set all of the walls in the fan region as rotating?
March 28, 2022 at 3:26 pmrm8SubscriberI checked: only the moving reference is rotating. Also the fan walls are rotating (I set 0 rpm relative to the reference frame), except for the engine walls. I can see from a velocity contour on the fan walls that it is correctly rotating
March 29, 2022 at 10:55 amRobAnsys EmployeeHow does the flow look at around 1100 iterations?
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.