3D Design

3D Design

How to fix “Geometry editor was closed abnormally”

• guitar15
      Subscriber

Hi.

I decided to create a model using  Static StructularUnfortunately, i couldn't be able to open the geometry. I get an error "Geometry editor was closed abnormally". 

I looked for the solution but didn't get the proper answer.

I use ANSYS Student 19.2 and Windows 10.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

1. Does this happen for each and every project or a specific project?

2. Can you try to open a simple cube or similar model and see if that opens?

If it happens with each and every model including simple cube, this may point towards installation issue, If this happens for a specific file check if you are exceeding the limits for the bodies and/or faces that can be used in the student version (if you are using one).

• guitar15
      Subscriber

1) I got this error for each project (Fluid Flow(CFX), Steady-State Thermal, Thermal-Electric...).

2) If I understand you, I can import ( cube, cylinder) a simple model to geometry, but when I choose Model in Static Structular, i have an error:

"System.Exception: Unable to attach to geometry file C:UsersDesktopDesign4.scdoc. Unable to attach geometryat nAnsys.Simulation.Core.Commands.RefreshModel.ExecuteCommand(IFullContext context)

at Ansys.Addins.Infrastructure.CommandUtilities.CommandHelper.Execute(IFullContext context)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer) at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)--- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Unable to attach to geometry file C:UsersBogdanDesktopDesign4.scdoc. Unable to attach geometry.CommandName: Mechanical.RefreshModel(Container="Model", RemainingContainers=[]) 

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)

at Ansys.ProjectSchematic.Commands.RefreshCommand.RefreshComponents(IFullContext context, IEnumerable`1 componentsToRefresh, Boolean refreshUnfulfilled)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions)

--- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: Unable to attach to geometry file C:UsersBogdanDesktopDesign4.scdoc. Unable to attach geometry.

CommandName: RefreshComponent(Component="/Schematic/Component:Model")

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e)

at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)

at Ansys.ProjectSchematic.Commands.RefreshComponentCommand.InvokeAndWait(IProtectedContext context, DataReference Component)

at Ansys.Simulation.GUI.EditModelBase.InvokeEditModelOperation(GuiOperationContext context, IGuiOperation guiOperation, DataContainerReference dcr)

at Ansys.UI.GuiOperationContext.Invoke(GuiOperationMetaData operationData)

at Ansys.UI.UIManager.InvokeOperationCore(String pseudoname, OperationDelegate callback, Boolean allowOSMessages, Boolean coreTransaction, Boolean deferredRefreshOnly)"

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Go to %temp% and clear files. 

Go to %appdata%/Ansys and rename say R192 to old_R192

Make sure that you dont have any special character in the names. 

Then open Design Modeler and check. 

If this does not help then please uninstall the package and reinstall it. 

• guitar15
      Subscriber

It's not help me...

How to reinstall package in ansys?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Please uninstall package first. 

Then download the package from following link

https://www.ansys.com/en-in/academic/free-student-products

Please also check the prerequisites under system requirements. 

• guitar15
      Subscriber

If I start workbench first time, then I use Geometry  without errors (It's strange. First, everything works, and then no). If i start workbench second time, i have an error again.

It's not help me. I have a idea. I want to install old version ansys student (18,17,16). Where will i find it?

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

On the same page, https://www.ansys.com/en-in/academic/free-student-products

If you scroll to the bottom you will find prior releases upto R18.2

• guitar15
      Subscriber

I install 18.2 version, but i have an error again. It`s strange. Probably a problem with Windows 10

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Windows 10 is supported for 18.2 

https://www.ansys.com/en-in/solutions/solutions-by-role/it-professionals/platform-support/previous-releases

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.